When one kid licks the plate and the others ask for leftovers, you officially have a winning recipe. THere aren’t too many casseroles that 100% of the family loves, but this is one for sure! I honestly was surprised at the overwhelmingly positive response for this fairly easy Chicken Tetrazzini. Leaving the skin and bones in and on the chicken while cooking helps to maintain a very moist, flavorful chicken.
5 chicken breasts with skin on & bones in
1 lb rotinni noodles
1 cup shredded cheddar
2.25 cups water
2 cans cream of chicken
2 chicken boullion cubes
1.5 tsp italian seasoning
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp paprika
1) put chicken in crockpot. Coat with italian seasoning, garlic & paprika. Cook on high 4-6 hours until chicken shreds easily with a fork. Add NO liquid.
2) Preheat oven to 350, grease a casserole dish (i use the deep covered baker from PC, but i think it is a 4qt capacity), boil 6 cups of salted water.
3) Cook noodles to al dente. Debone, remove skin and fat. Shred or chunk chicken, letting seasonings seap into pieces as you cut it.
4) Drain noodles, put in casserole, cover with chicken.
5) In saucepan add water, cream of chicken and boullion. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly. Pour over top of chicken and noodles.
6) Cover with cheese. Place lid or foil over top of dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
7) Remove cover, bake 10-15 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.